Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"How I Learned to Program Computers" and "How I Learned to Live Google Free"

The two narrative essays "How I Learned to Program Computers" by Feross Aboukhadijeh and "How I Learned to Live Google Free" By Joshua J. Romero both outline important learning experiences. Both essays follow a clear format, which walks the reader chronologically through the event, highlighting important aspects and using clear transitions. This simple, logical progression is a good thing to observe and remember for when I want to write my own essay, as formatting has always been a difficult aspect of essay writing for me. As a creative writer, the strict expectations for essay composition has always been difficult for me to stick to. for that reason, these two essays should serve as very good references to help keep me on a consistent format and keep my words flowing. Another important aspect to observe from these two essays is the use of personal pronouns such as 'I.' Most essay writing discourages, or even forbids the use of personal pronouns, so finding out that we would be writing an essay that required it was very interesting. Reading the two blogs and observing how they use personal pronoun and write in a narrative fashion, while still composing a clear essay was very educational and helpful. I'm certainly looking forward to writing my own essay, and implementing what I've learned.


Joshua J. Romero
Joshua J. Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment